Friday, September 5, 2008

Colors of Pasar Payang


Varieties of kuihs and turtle eggs sold openly.
Part 1 - Kuih
Of all the sold kuihs, I can only spot 2-3 familiar types. For the rest, I rest my case. Never seen, never tasted, never heard of the names. The kuihs started to be on display since 9am in the morning. Guess what time they prepared the kuihs and can they last for buka puasa time?? I guess people from East Coast must have tougher tummy than us southerners. I did try one (kuih kepayang??), very very very very sweet. No more trial after that.
Part 2 - Turtle Eggs
I am actually donating a little sum of money every month to the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) in Malaysia. Since bachelorette days, I have always wanted to do volunteer work, but the same ol' excuse kept on popping - no time. Hence, to clear my conscience, I signed up with WWF to part a little of my earnings to save all those turtles, bears, pandas, crocs, tapirs, elephants, jungles, wet lands, etc. It's for my children to see that such species do exist, and that I got to see them in my days. Bonus point - tax deductible.
To see they sold the turtle eggs openly, I felt that something has to be done, but what?? What can I do? I was informed that the eggs actually came from Indonesian waters, no longer from Ganu. Wherever it came from, the fact is people still crave for easy life at the expense of the weaker species. What can I do ladies and gentlemen??
Part 3 - Forehead's Mini Adventure
She got 3 stitches after falling while playing jumping up and down from an upside down toyogo container. The scar will remain, the sweet lady doc told me. This is the second permanent scar. The first one she got after rolling off from a walker hitting the garden stone when she was 6 months old. One scar on right cheek, one scar on the corner of the left eye bordering forehead. I thought only boy would get sewn during childhood days.

5 comments:

Rudy @ Lai Mahli said...

aku nak telur penyu buat berbuka petang ni, bole? :)

Noraidalin Buang said...

Kalau ko tunjukkan dirimu yg sebenar, bukan setakat telur penyu, semua penyu kat Rantau Abang tu aku boleh panjak untuk ko. So, siapakah yg bersembunyi di balik tabir Wiremonkey nih??

Zaidah M said...

i think that's my boyfriend, dalin :P

Noraidalin Buang said...

Hahaha...our Mr Rudy eh???Have you ever wondered why turtles do not lay eggs in the coast of Sarawak (never heard of)? Let's share some perspective.

Zaidah M said...

turtles come to the same spot every year to lay eggs. sarawak is not in their GPS :P