Monday, March 29, 2010

Is Change Really Necessary?

I am always pro to changes. I am a strong believer that change or "hijrah" will bring more good than bad. When I look at my past pictures, especially of those with my colleagues in office, the theory has been proven again and again.
There is Mr. I happily working in a renown company in KL, able to own a big home in Shah Alam. Doing what he loves to do.
Then I have Mr. K happily globe throtting to finish his work assignments worldwide.
Mr. A now able to own expensive cars and also enjoy pretty good life in KL.
Mr. M is now very jovial while counting his chips and had the guts to advocate me to move to KL.
Mr. K is now a permanent staff next door also enjoying himself with a more comfortable life.
Everytime I heard their latest news, I would always smile to myself, God bless them and their family. Their decision to move out and change might be among their biggest achievement in life.
 
The only constant thing in life is change. No wonder even the prophet PBUH is advocating for hijrah or change.
 
But, what refrain me from the change?
Of course, there's that dilemma called - comfort zone. Everything is just nice, no need for more headache for adjustment, new life to adapt to, new people to associate with, etc etc. But until when this can last?
 
I have thought many times to quit the company, in fact. For one, my upline in UT has always given a hint and assurance that goes something like this - "I'm sure you can go far if you do this full time". Well, sometimes I did think about it. But then again, thoughts without actions are useless. Everytime I meet that successful UT consultant in town or in UT office, she too would utter the same thing. It's an irony that these people have confidence in me when I myself is doubting it.
 
Then I try to rationalize it. I stay because I think I can do better. I can help better and they need me. Boleh tak gitu? What a bunch of crap. This crap nonetheless has kept me going and enjoying quite the same life for the past few years. To add some variety, I took up UT and in latest fashion, the great Tupperware business. Let see how far I can go. I have learnt a lot while diversifying my life. At work, I am waiting for the last moment, if there is going to be any change soon. I pray that it will. Let me play my part to help soar to a higher level, with those within my control. If it's meant to be, it will. If it's not, maybe Allah has a greater plan for me.

No comments: