Thursday, October 7, 2010

English Design My Scare

Can you spot the winter shoes as a display?
Holy Moly....once broken considered sold
Mr. X asked me to join him visiting one of his friends' house in Senai. The kids were already very sleepy, infact Husna had fallen asleep while we were in the car. We reached the house around 9.15pm. Husna was dragging her feet to enter the house, until she stepped her foot at the door and her eyes suddenly were wide open.....holy moly...this is a nice house...nice smell also...the air purifier plus the smell of the potpourri really could make you feel as if you are now travelling 1000000000 miles away to Wales, or to Manchester, or to Indiana....way back in remote area in Tennessee....something to that effect lah. Time travelling to one of those houses in England or deep USA...plus with the good air-cond system, made you feel like it's fall or near winter.
It is a semi-d double story house. Well, they only have 1 teenage kid, and the lady of the house herself is an interior designer, designing house for people for whatever concept. She chose this concept because of her passion for English designs and decorations. I don't have the pictures of the curtains, but I guess you can imagine. When she served us light supper, it was well, suffice to say, in a manner as if you are eating in an English house somewhere, except that the guests and the house owners are Malays. It was wonderful, yet scary.
Imagine my worry for all the tiny weeny little things she put on the floor, on the table, on the cabinet, on the staircase. Those are all charming decorations. Even I couldn't help myself to touch and feel some of the attractive things. Imagine my children. Takut betul makcik dek..then I asked her, how often do you do the cleaning. She said whenever she feels like it. This kind of design and concept is a full time job of cleaning and maintaining, if you ask me. It's nice if you have a maid who can help, but as you know, maid's cleanliness standard, sure cannot match her expectation of cleaning. That's why she doesn't employ a maid.
With that kind of gloomy lighting, plus the nice smell, plus the good air-cond, just need a little bit of lullaby to make me doze off. Luckily there was one piano so the kids could play and I could stay awake.
So fo me, this is a nice house. But to keep it clean and maintain the standard, is one hard work. Nice experience though. Very rare that I could experience such time travel these days.


No comments: