Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Praying Hard on Air

Newsflash - Air France jet missing over Atlantic with 228 aboard.

Watching the National Geographic's program - Air Crash Investigation - has its own pros and cons. Pros - we can learn a lot on the reasons for the accidents, and mostly it is attributable to human failures. Such a simple loss in sight, or indifference in attitude of the mechanics or pilots could cause major disaster.

Cons - Frankly, a few scenes from the program kept on playing on my mind while the flight attendants showcasing their in-flight safety demonstration and as the airplane was taking off and while on air. Practically, most of the times while I was onboard. You can call it paranoia also.

A slight tremor on air would remind me of what the ill-fated passengers would have done or experienced should the situation become worst. Remember to only inflate the safety jacket while you're outside the airplane if the plane is to crash on water. This is some of the lessons I learnt from the program and the scene would vividly popped up during the safety demo. So what did I do? Pray hard, baby! Doa keluar rumah, doa mintak selamat, doa dijauhi bencana, dan segala doa yg terhafal, baca, jgn tak baca.

The Air France incident would have been the second one after their Supersonic crash while taking off in year 2000. This is the first case involving the new series of Airbus planes. Mind you that majority of Air Asia's planes are ordered from Airbus.

Huhu...pray hard the next time you're on the plane.

5 comments:

akmalhizam said...

My one horrible experience:
Night flight from KL to JB.
Major turbulence, and the plane was going up and down. The 'fasten your seatbelt' blinks after only a few minutes the captain announced that it is safe to unfasten the seatbelts off.
To my left: a person reading yaasiin.
In my mind: the horrible images from aircraft disaster pops out.

mark said...

Pray before every journey. Good point. Will remember that. Scary stats on airbus. Commuting every other week in it. From the old creaky planes to uhh..yet another not so new one. Got turbulance every time but better than the pilot's landing skills. Captain never fails to cite prayer at both take-offs and landings. Had a scottish lass as chief flight attendant last week. Love the way she speaks.

Noraidalin Buang said...

If a person next to you already took out and read Yassin, man, it's time you switch on your handphone and beg for forgiveness from your wife. That's my recommendation. Hahaha...

Khairi - I wanna hear your accent next. Scottish?? Good GOD!!

Zaidah M said...

I was on board flight from Auckland to Christchurch, and we hovered in the sky for close to an hour. Plane can't land because of the viscious wind and snow. The documentary Mayday on Sunday nites played in my mind the whole time. I said my goodbyes and forgave everybody that nite, and was ready to crash. Seriously. The pilot decided to land after more than 1 hour in the sky (rather than go back to Auckland). Alhamdulillah. Everybody on the plane applauded when we landed, and I said my prayers to God :) Alhamdulillah.

Noraidalin Buang said...

Seriously Zaidah? Masa tu dah kahwin ke belum? Oh my God, you sempat said your goodbyes huh? I'm sure after that your life will change tremendously. I guess that's why Nabi said that org yg bijak ialah org yg sentiasa mengingati mati. Thanks for sharing your bit.