Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Tefal My Dear

We went to Genting Highlands again last weekend, after 1.5 years. Things have not changed much, but this time we brought along 5 other people. It must have been a thrilling once-in-a-lifetime for these people though. This time I tried the Space Shot. It was a drop dead shot from top of the tower, almost like 200m high? Man oh man....it was nice view on top of the Space Shot, you could see the Genting resort at its peak. But the sudden drop after that was the most precarious. It was like people pulling over your chair and you fall down hard, very hard. I surely let my heart out on that. But it was nice. It was the first ride, and I felt like to ride on it again, except that time was limited to cover the almost 40 rides available. I will have to wait for Eusoff to come of age, so that he too can enjoy most of the rides. Poor Husna, the rides are either too tall for her (meant for adults) or too low for her (meant for kids below age 4). It's tough when your height is caught in between. Nevertheless she got to enjoy the boat rides and log ride where the water would splash at the end and definitely makes you wet (I argued with Mr.X, since he said he wouldn't get wet, until proven guilty - I told you so).
 
I wrote about how to confront the dearest mom-in-law when she used my steel spatula for the almost brand new Tefal frying pan in my Facebook last night. The response was overwhelming. From both men and women. How thoughtful of these people, thanks so much. OK, it may sound trivia to some, but it is a big deal for me OK. I bought the Tefal frying pan from Mustaffa Center Singapore last Sept. 2010, after a long investigation and pondering over it again and again. It's like a tool to motivate you to cook. Somehow your dish will taste better and looks better when it is cooked using the branded pan. It's that kind of feelings. That satisfaction of using the non-stick branded frying pan. Nothing can compare to that satisfaction in the kitchen, and at that dinner table. Because of its exclusivity, I hang it on the kitchen's window, to be used only for cooking of omelette and any vegie dish, of course by using wooden spatula. Everybody knows that. You are supposed to know that. It's like e=MC2 by Einstein. Who doesn't know it?
 
I was actually dumbfounded when I found the pan with steel spatula in it on my stove when I came home yesterday. Like who's on earth doesn't know the rule....non-stick pan requires wooden utensils. Get it? So the surface won't get scratched and you will end up ruining that special layer. Get it? Aiyaiyaiyaiyai.....I quickly washed them over and dried both items. I was at awed. Should I say something - Dear Mom-in-Law, I expect you to know the rule, how on earth you don't know the rule. Apparently it is not in your universe to care for such things. This one sounds very bad. I shall be labelled as overly materialistic. But then who cares? But to be an obedient child-in-law mind you, I kept quiet. It is that battle to say it out loud - next time for this type of pan, please use the wooden spatula. I care for my pan just like Sponge Bob cares for his spatula OK. Hahaha....
 
Is there any remote chance that she actually knows the rule, but just to proof something to me? To test me? Enough of all the tests laaaaa....I have long suffered already....hahahhahaa....

2 comments:

hurul said...

lin.. that's why I only have plastic and wood spatula in my kitchen...hehehe.. due to almost the same reason.. avoidance sometimes better than hurting others feeling..

akmalhizam said...

beli Vision aje kak.
hati tak mudah terguris gitu.
:)