Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tribute to Rosmiza Osman

I need to say a few words to my friend, Allahyarhamah Rosmiza Osman - My friend cum college mate cum group work team member cum a person who brought me closer to my current life partner.
She passed away peacefully last 29th Jan. 2011.
 
Dear Memeq,
I did not know you well when we were at PPP, Subang Jaya. I knew you were in class 2E, same with my good friend Azlina Yatim. Your close friend had always been Azura aka Zack from your same hometown of Kelate.
I did get to know you a little bit more when we were at PPP, Shah Alam, since we were majoring in the same area - the boring Economics classes and all those elective classes. I knew you were always jovial and that you had a boyfriend since your schooling days (STF), who would visit you on and off at Shah Alam. 
Suddenly you were there in the same college with me in IU. Somehow we never got to be roommates. Different wavelengh?
Somehow some things connected us, and 1 of the phenomenal surprise, a gentleman named Izwan Johari. Macam hebat. Well, let bygones be bygones. I am sure all of us did learn a lot from the incident. It is part of growing up.
Your cheerfulness had attracted a lot of guys after that, I reckon. That's a big advantage, not many gals have that.
I travelled with you with 6 other gangs to Canada, Pennsylvania, Washington, Boston and New York. As the hadith quoted, "If you want to know a person, go travel with the person". And so we got to know each other better, I assumed. Remember, we rent a van from "Rent-A-Rack" and it broke down at the highway? The sheriff came for rescue and you were so anxious to snap pix with him? Oh I remember that vividly. In the end, nobody dared to approach the big fat round tummy sheriff, and regretted for not doing just that.
Then the fun started to taper off, when school was about to end, you got to know a guy, who happened to study in UMN, TC.
And somehow you have helped me to get to know a guy from UMN too. Remember the incident at the UMich Ann Arbor Book Store? Man oh man. He was supposed to know me online, not in person.
You were one gal who had impacted my life.
 
When I went to your wedding in Tanah Merah, I was so happy for you last March 2010. I had no clue of what's happening. I even told you, "Meq, syukur ko dapat budak muda ni, bukan org 50-an tua punye". You just had that big laugh. Remember I hugged you and said a few words of wisdom, among them:
"Sebagai seorang isteri, kita kena sentiasa bersabar. Walaupun kita di dalam keadaan benar, kadangkala kita perlu tunduk dan patuh, kerana syurga seorang isteri adalah di kaki suaminya".
In my mind I was thinking of a hadith "Kalau Allah benarkan seorang manusia sujud pada seorang manusia lain, aku akan suruh seorang isteri sujud pada suaminya". I hugged you for a long time, Meq.
I've been married for quite some time now, and I really wanted you to have and remember that piece of advice on your gracious wedding day. I didn't know that you had much bigger priority then, than all of my advice to you.
You were sick. Dead sick. But on your wedding day, you looked as usual. Your usual self. Pandai ko Meq. I don't know whether I can do the same if I were you.
I thought you would "bersanding" next in Penang, and you would continue your happening life in KL.
 
Apparently not ya Meq. Nobody informed me you were hospitalized. Until Zack SMS me and asked, "Do you hear anything about Memeq?" "Mana ada. Last aku pegi wedding dia, ceria semacam jer".
Then came another SMS from Zack, forwarded from Amalin, your cousin Meq. "Memeq has passed away at 11.50am today due to ovarian cancer".
Masya Allah Meq. Innalillah wa inna ilai hi rajiun. Semoga Allah tempatkan roh mu bersama mereka yg beriman Meq.
 
You know in your life, you may get to know millions of people, but some people create big impact to your life. In my life, Rosmiza Osman is one of those persons. Luckily I managed to whisper that to her on her wedding day. Dalam pada aku berbisik tu, aku yg sedih. Member relax jer. Mungkin air mata ko dah habis tak Meq, waktu tu? Aku frust sebab I had no clue that you were dead sick.
 
Ya Allah. Selamatkanlah roh sahabatku, jadikanlah dia roh yg aman, dan tempatkan rohnya bersama roh orang yg beriman.
 
Aku pon respek kat laki hang tu. He knew that you were sick and he consciously agreed to continue to get married with you and take care of you....alamak Meq, mana ko nak dapek laki mcm tu zaman sekarang Meq....sungguh bertuah ko Meq, usia muda, hansem, jiwa yg cekal and hati nurani yg sungguh murni. Salute lah. Nama dia Azad kan?
When I tried to reflect, you were so damn lucky Meq. Allah amik sebahagian dari nikmat, dan Dia beri lebih byk rahmat. Semoga Allah cekalkan hati Azad yg hanya sempat berumah tangga dgn Meq selama 10 bulan.
 
I miss you, Meq. I wish we could have some talks before saying goodbye. I know Allah has better plans for you.
 
Al-Fatihah.

No comments: