Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reverse Parking? Bring it on!

I was really dazed and not that well emotionally yesterday. I decided to take half day off in the afternoon, paid visits to 4 banks and finally ended up in Jusco Tmn U. Because I got food in the car, had to park in the shaded area where the leeway was tiny and crammed. Panicked a little bit, went for 2 rounds and finally got a spot. Since many were eying for the same spot, I quickly went ahead, booked the spot and prepared for reverse parking.

My oh my. To my great surprise, I could park easily in reverse position! It was smooth and as easy as the blink of an eye. I myself was so shocked with this newly found skill. Women and reverse parking, err.....that included me before. Front and back, to the right and a little bit to the left, front and back again. Plus all the sweat, especially when other cars were waiting for you anxiously, forget it.

But hey, thanks to the working place's policy that all cars must be parked in reverse position, so that whenever emergency happens, easy for us to start off the engine and blast off. Practice does make perfect.

See, whenever they ask you to do things that you think is ridiculous, petty, just out to make your life miserable, think again. You just can't see the benefits yet. It will come much later and you will appreciate it.

Hmm...try to compare against life challenges Allah impose on you. It's true. For every test that He gives, it is only to strengthen your faith. Alhamdulillah. Another point to stay positive.

I couldn't stop smiling all the way to Jusco's entrance with this newly discovered skill.
It is a rare and much sought after skill for lady drivers, and I've mastered it. Phew....

1 comment:

akmalhizam said...

you're right. challenges imposed on daily basis are the pillars of improvement and base for upgrading our skills.
my wife's designated parking lot at school is quite narrow. she does it swiftly, scaring me most of the time.
i often wonder, where are those black-and-white poles that we used as markers during our driving lessons. not logical, eh?