Monday, August 18, 2008

Revolution in the Making

My ex-colleague En. Mat Saad Yahaya referred me to a new revolution in financial planning, spearheaded by the first Malay Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to get license from Securities Commission, by the name of Abdul Aziz Ibrahim. I attended his course last Saturday at UTM Technovation Park and subsequently had my first consultation at Pulai Spring Resort, where he'd stopped by for a few days for school holiday. Surprise, surprise.

Surprise No. 1 - En. Mat Saad himself had not attended the program (well, he said that he'd join later this year at Aziz's office in Putrajaya, good luck bro!).

Surprise No. 2 - My life partner agreed to join me in the program (the real revolution in married life in terms of first financial planning and doing it together). I am scared. Is the risk worth taking? Let's just say I will try first, and if it succeeds, alhamdulillah. If it doesn't work well, at least I can learn from the mistake (nauzubillah). Let me be optimistic for one second.

When the word CFP is mentioned, what normally comes to mind is agents selling insurance or unit trust. Aziz has brought a revolution in the definition. He created a model called AJIT, which stands for:
A = Amanah
J = Jujur
I = Ikhlas
T = Telus
The mechanism of working, let's not talk about it until we can achieve our first target, and for sure I will record in my blog. But look at what AJIT stands for - isn't it nice to have a joint venture together with your life partner in financial and indirectly practice AJIT?

There are 3 main risks of AJIT model:
1. Masa
2. Nafsu
3. Perasaan Tamak

I've got a friend who has been successfully practiced the model. From having debts amounting to hundreds of thousands, to now being able to save RM3k per month, clean. That's what draw me to try this program. It is a BIG risk. Once we start, we can never turn back. Financial Revolution in the Making indeed.

Nice things about Aziz, he also gave some advice on life, not just on finance, as the two are totally inter-twine. I pray hard that it will work for us and eventually keep the family stronger. I like what he said, time and again:

"Bukan senang nak senang, bukan susah nak susah". It's our choice.

4 comments:

MAT SAAD said...

Congratulation!!!Let's begin the journey...do not loose ur hope, proven record is there why we can't make it...let's money work for us...do not work for money

Noraidalin Buang said...

Agak2 tahun depan kalau aku dapat tukar kete Wish, maknanya model AJIT ni berjaya utk kami. Doa kan lah ya.

MAT SAAD said...

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST...TOYOTA WISH

Hayati Kehidupan said...

Jelous tu.... infm member sebelah meja bila prog En Aziz ni kat JB... Aku nak kete Mitsubishi Gran.. + driver ... he... he...