Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fauziah Latiff Tears in Gaza

OK first, I read about the 90's sweetheart singing sensation going off to Palestine to do something meaningful in last week's newspaper. I just tried to do my speed reading skills, just by reading the subject title and skimmed through the text. I did not know for sure was that she wished to go someday (meaning, just her simple wish) or that was she really seriously going. Come on you guys, Fauziah Latiff, used to be married to a very rich man, used to stay in London, etc. What had got into her?
 
Then in the last few days Buletin Utama TV3, there she was in the prime time television broadcasted from Gaza. She was wearing a scarf with her clean face no make up and what not and I could spot her joy and overall satisfaction by being there, right at Ground Zero. I reckon they must have had finished distributing the goodies to the needies. She was surrounded by other Malaysian volunteers, from all races. She was saying something like we should all be grateful, that she spotted children with their eyes full of hope, despite their homes, schools and other facilities being destroyed. The children persevered. And suddenly she could not hold back the tears. Awww....that one moment really touched me. This is real suffering. Despite their life's being ruined by the condemned you-know-who nation and race, the citizens especially the children, still have hope, that someday their country and the soil that they stepped on everyday must be protected at all cost. I'm not moving, they may say all the time. You can do whatever you want, expanding your claimed soil out of my country, but I'm staying. It's a jihad. Yes, they should. If they were to stop and surrender, we all know that the doomsday is going to follow next. It is all cited clearly in the Quran.
 
I'm sure Gee must feel that her life and view towards things in this world would have changed after this. Whatever happens to you, no matter how hard and difficult and heartwrenching she must have gone through before, is nothing compared to what the Palestinians have to endure, up to the end of this world. Kudos to Gee who took up this challenge. I wonder what prompted her for this life-changing journey. Alhamduillah she got the chance, and hopefully came back with an aura to attract more celebrities to go there.
 
I should list Palestine as 1 of my 7 wonders of the world.

No comments: