Thursday, June 12, 2008

My new venture into the world of "blogging"

I heard about the word 'blog' for a long time, but never had the interest to try. I have only been reading other people's blog (not anybody mind you, only famous people like Raja Petra, Prof. Wu, etc) until today, somehow when my friend Akmal Hizam mentioned that he had created a blog so that his children and great grandchildren in future can view his thoughts, then it struck me - this is just great! It's like creating a diary or journal of your life, but anyone can view and comment to your blog...well, well, well, this is nice. Let me try..

I have always wanted to write a book (one of my long time ambition), but dunno yet on what genre. I am thinking it's either on self help, motivational kind, financial help or novels...waa...somehow I know that I can write pretty well...actually I have a few articles published in newspapers..started in 1992 right after SPM (article on life at SMAP Kajang) and one in 2004 where I complaint about the condition and proposed upgrading of the Pasir Gudang highway (both were published by Berita Harian). Now I remember, there's another one published in Harian Metro in 1998 about why overseas grads want to get home and serve the nation (now when I think about it, I should've stayed in the States..too bad..:(()

So today, I'd like to thank Akmal Hizam for introducing me to this wonderful world of blogging. On a side note, we met during lunch because he wanted to add more investment to my unit trust business. So it's a win-win situation. I help him to make his money work harder for him, while he introduced me to the world of blogging.

For my friends and future generations - today is indeed a history in the life of a humble person named Noraidalin Buang. Nice!

1 comment:

akmalhizam said...

thanks for the mention in your very first post.
and i believe, this is the very first comment you receive for your blog.
history, history.
well, setting up a blog is easy as 1,2,3, isn't it? keep on posting!