Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nice Shirt



Try to peek into Message Box (SMS) of people who are in love. Craps like "You dah makan? Kenyang tak?" or "Nite2, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" or "Good morning bebeh..I miss you sooo much today" or "I makan sandwich tadi, ada roti, tuna, salad, etc..do you want some (as if the person is in front of you)?" and yada yada yada (or should it be yuckie yuckier yuckiest?).

There's a study that shows people who are in love have some kind of hormone imbalance, that can cause them to act/react illogically or irrationally. Just imagine, how impotant is it to assess whether the other person is eating heartily or otherwise. Let say he/she is full or not (assuming love dosage is the most important meal compared to actual food), does it change anything? The crappiest of all, is that it is such a lame conversation on food taking and non quint essential to be asked in the first place! Heck with the person feeling full or not. The conclusion is - when couples are in love (caution:before holy matrimony comes into place), they will talk and talk and talk until they run out of brainy conversation topics and end up talking CRAP and repeating them every single day. And worst of all - they feel good about it. Same crap, different day.

OK, fast forward a bit. Holy matrimony comes into place. What happened to all these crappy-but-sweet-oh-my-goodness-so-nice love routines? The answer : Gone with the wind. Again, go back to my post on "Where is the love, the love, the love?".

4 comments:

Zaidah M said...

well, if you want to know my opinion about men, and if I can say so myself, about Lelaki Melayu, they take things and people they already have (like isteri) for granted. Because, dah dapat, dah dalam tangan.

You-know-who is in training to not turn into that :P We must make these ungrateful MEN appreciate us everyday, not just masa bercinta aje.

Noraidalin Buang said...

It is a love life cycle thingy. Yg take for granted tu, maybe one day I'll try to make myself disappear and see if anyone comes looking for me. If I'm dead, I'll see if he bacakan surah Yassin and sedekah to me at least once a month. Sad isn't it? :(
I think Rudy is not a Malay guy, kan? So by right he should behave differently..hahaha..

Zaidah M said...

melayu or whatever, bottomline, they are all MEN, MENyusahkan hidup kita haha. No lah. he should be alright. Currently under drill from Captain of the Ship - Zaidah

akmalhizam said...

interestingly, i still give those kind of messages to my wife.
with added spice, most of the time.
i admit that the lovedrunk feeling is not as strong (and my wife attests to this on her side, too).
what you said is right, Lin. you have to dissappear once in a while. i was in kl for 15 months (excl weekends), and it made the relationship better.
choose one:
1. absence makes hearts grow fonder
2. out of sight, out of mind
my wife and I usually choose the first one.
:)