Friday, June 13, 2008

Where is the love, the love, the love?

I was driving to work from my home in Skudai to Pasir Gudang (usually about 50 minutes drive) and I just couldn't stop thinking of writing for my blog. Am I addicted?? Maybe...this is initial excitement to do something new. Just like when people first start to develop relationship with their loved ones (boyfriend-girlfriend), it must be the most wonderful time in one's lifetime. The excitement and the feeling of intoxicated are just unbearable.

I listened to the radio while driving and 2 songs gave me an idea of what to write for today.
"People killing and people dying.......can you practice what you preach......where is the love?"
and
"I live my life for you, I want to be by your side, and anything that you do, if there's only one thing I can believe it's true, I live my life for you.."
Yeah..where is the love and I live my life for you...

In our life, we start by nature to love our parents. Then when we get to become adults, we learn to like someone of the opposite sex and fall in love with the person. If we get married and have children, we automatically will love our children (this is among God's great creation of maternal or paternal instict to love your heirs). So I don't understand if people want to give up their children or kill their children. Or when a couple gets a divorce and totally don't care about their children. I'm sure someday these people will regret their action and have to live with their guilt all their life.

Love for parents and children are somehow an inborn feeling and can last forever, without having to be nurtured, nourished or revitalized. But why is the love for your husband/wife needs to be in check all the time? Isn't this unique creation by God? Husband-wife relationship is like a "product life cycle", where it starts by infancy stage, then it escalates, then it reaches plateau, and finally it goes down. What normally companies have to do is to re-brand the product or put more creativity to excite the consumers again to buy the product. So it is basically the same product but with a new look.

Now let's look at a love relationship between sexes. You started off as friends, then become good friends, then become someone whom you said "I care for this person", then you just can't stop thinking of the person, and if the chemistry is on, you'd go out and get married with the person. But what happens after that? How do you nurture, nourish and re-vitalize your relationship all the time? And why the heck do husbands and wives need this constant placebo to stay happy? The biggest danger is of course when the relationship reaches a plateau but both parties do not realize it's happening. It is actually on the verge of going down, worst still, go bust. But the greatest danger of all is when either one of the parties suddenly realizes it's happening but resort to find solution outside of the institution, instead of rectifying internally. By the time this happens, it may be too late to find that strengths to tighten the relationship, as the attraction from foreign inteference is normally much much greater and "fun".

Man..I've got to work...continue later...

No comments: