Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Macam-macam Ada

PPA

I hate April. It's the season for performance appraisal. I have to fill up the results achieved based on my Individual Performance Contract (IPC), previously known as PPA (Personal Performance Planning & Appraisal). You see, when you hold a manager position, they call it IPC, even though in reality you're still an executive "cabuk" by ranking and this includes how they compensate you. IPC sounds nicer, but not nice at all in terms of content and expectation.

Results achieved. The 2 deadly words. My boss defines results as something related to:
  1. Cost savings - how much RM? how many % reduction from current rates?
  2. Productivity improved - what's the reduction in time taken?
  3. Success rate - how many % improved?
Words like trained 200 people, improved compliance, done more than the required number and the likes, are considered as "activities". Activities do not amount to credit. Hence, regardless if other people who are supposed to do it did not do it in order to get the results, you're still responsible and therefore, must share the punishment.

The expectation has always been the same. But somehow this year is really up to the limit already for me. It has punished me to think to save my *** from getting a rating 4 - does not meet expectation - for certain areas. Yesterday's first round discussion took almost 3 hours, until at the end I just nodded and jotted, didn't bother to retaliate any longer. Suara batukku semakin hilang...It's driving me nuts.

On the upside, my GM asked "So, you're ready to move to KL?" Alamak...I just kept silent. This is another change waiting to happen. They plan to move my comrades to KL, so we can spot dead body along Sungai Gombak when lucky, join the club of pushing-and-tumbling commuters on the LRT with nearest pit stop at Pasar Seni and experience having an office in a high rise building, everyday facing the people whom we constantly curse over here.

My oh my...I have to think of where to live, how best to commute cheaply, what to do with my house, where is the best pre-school for my kids...kat mana nak hantar ngaji, darjah 1 kat mana nak register...haiyaaaa...but why I said Upside? Well, at least I got the chance to report to a different boss...insya Allah for the better.

The only constant thing in life in CHANGE, as they say it.


Aziz's Screw

Last Monday I met Aziz CfP to revive the AJIT plan. He screwed us like crazy. I mean really screwed. It felt awkward since I have not been shouted at for a long long time. I've been good I guess. He was damn mad. I did not re-finance the house using HSBC package as he wanted me to. Apparently he had other plan which at that time he did not tell me. I didn't anticipate at all the next steps, as a result I have ruined the original plan. "You all pegi carik Advisor lain lah. Menyampah dapat client mcm nih...Pandai2 buat plan sendiri"..He then left us with his assistants for almost 30 minutes. We scrambled and struggled to re-develop the plan. I was sad allright, because it was a justified move for me. But somehow I managed to keep cool. I have learnt the hard way on how to control my emotional stability (well, this is also measured in the Performance Appraisal). If I can take the emotional abuse, I can take anything, I was thinking. True enough. I was quiet and pretended that nothing had happened. Mr. X was quiet too, as always.

After he cooled himself down, Aziz got back to us, and said "You all tak patut buat mcm ni. I tak suka marah2 orang. It spoilt my mood for the day". It was at 5.30pm. We said sorry to him, and things moved on as usual. He had constructed for us a very difficult plan. Without discipline and full commitment he said, we are doomed. One thing for sure, we both are clear this time. I know Mr. X shared the same passion and commitment. We'll see how this one will turn out. I will surely update the story.


My Speedy Green

Speedy Green was GREAT! RM70 full tank can go up to 540km max. RM1 = 7.7 km. Allright lah...I therefore would like to confirm that the perception that Nissan cars are not fuel efficient is not true at all. They are at par with Honda and Toyota, except less publicity in Malaysia. In 2 weeks it has reached 1000km. First time service at Nissan Auto Car Care Center, professional treatment I should say. Memang jauh beza lah dgn standard Proton/Perodua.

Aziz was furious I bought this car. An added salt to the wound. There goes my plan.

Upside - I don't feel pain in my leg anymore. The real wealth, is health, as they say it.

Oh, Aziz's wife told us he got diabetic attack last few months. Kesian. Now he's on insulin treatment everyday. Real wealth is health. He agreed.

3 comments:

umie zazzy said...

wahh.. dah manager rupanya kwn aku ni, patutlaa hubby aku segan nk gi opis ko.. heheh..

Anonymous said...

who's aziz?
Moving to KL doing what? Where will they put u is the most important. It really does matter who ur boss is. If old school, new & improved - OK. But if old school and old school and not into the IT realm, ada pblm sket. Ada jadi cakap itik and ayam...

btw, dah lama tak surf ur blog.

Noraidalin Buang said...

Yatt - takde maknanya!! Laki ko tu segan senantiasa...

Zaiton - Aziz is my so called "Financial Advisor", but I screwed the plan he had for us. Habis semua kena start balik.