Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where Have All the Common Sense Gone?

Scene 1, Take 1:

Blurr Candidate (BC) : I used to work in IRB and then in a few factories. In my last company, I realized that I need a job in a government sector. The company is not stabilizing. I want err...errr....
Bored Panel of Interviewer (BPI) : You mean job security?
BC : Oh yes. That's the word. I want to be save (smiling, nodding, happy that the BPI able to understand his need).
BPI : Hmmm.... (Dude, which planet you're from??)

Scene 2, Take 1:

BPI : Tell me why you want this job?
BC : My company told the staff to be dispersed. We are going to be located in other subsidiaries.
BPI : You mean the company is scaling down its operations?
BC : Yes, yes. My boss told me to go and find other better job elsewhere.
BPI : Hmmmm....(Dude, you're so screwed).

Scene 3, Take 2:

BPI : Encik KH, let me give you some advice, just in case you're going for other interviews after this.
  1. When you attend an interview with a private sector company, please don't say that you're actually looking for jobs in government to get that job security, but so far to no avail. (DUHHHHH...)
  2. Please also don't tell them that your current company is scaling down. It sounds that you're in desperate need for another job. (it makes you look cheap, dude, seriously).
BC : Yes, terima kasih Puan. I'm sorry. I will remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Article "Salleh left for the games."

BPI: What did the supervisor do after Salleh left for the games?

BC: Nak buat apa lagi. Dia dah belah dah. Salleh dah left.

BPI: (tepuk dahi)