Monday, December 21, 2009

Pangkor Re-visited

This escape happened roughly a year ago. I just wanted to share my feelings that as if it just happened moments ago. I could still hear the ferry's engine running, the sound of the birds along the coast, could still smell the fresh air, the ikan bilis, udang kering and all sorts of ikan kering, sotong bakar (yummy!), could still feel the warmth and gentle sea breeze and above all, I think I need another vacation. Haha...if only the resources are not that limited. Dream on.
 
When the tsunami happened in 2004, I was at a hotel room in Melaka, with Husna barely a year old, just the day after we took her to the A Famosa Safari. Everytime nearing end of December since then, tv stations would keep on playing that footage on tsunami, and everytime they're on, I would always remember me sitting in that hotel room and listening to the unclear channels alternately between CNN and Channel News Asia, trying to decipher what actually had happened. And from that moments on, I would remember that a few major events are supposed to happen in December:
1. Anniversary and remembrance of the tsunami victims.
2. I am supposed to go on vacation, some place, somewhere (because this year is NO vacation, I feel a little bit awkward actually). Like something missing.
3. That wedding anniversary is ON.
4. Husna's birthday is coming - 2nd January. So, have to start planning since she'd always remind us that her birthday is indeed forthcoming. Don't ever try to appear as if you've forgotten it.
 
Oh, this reminds me that I've not registered Husna for school yet - Standard 1. We're in a dilemma, to send her to a private Islamic school or just simply a normal school close to home.
 
I think I still need that vacation.

1 comment:

Rock Oi! said...

waaa lama x jenguk kat blog ni eheh..
tapi baru 2 ari lepas saya lalu sini, tu signboard baru leave highway plus kan, exit bidor rasanya ni..saje puseng2 nak tgk menara condong, sejarah kat pasir salak...ehehhhh,,sampai kuala kangsar aritu,naik cameron dari simpang pulai pun penuh pastu turun balik ikut tapah, gi kampar,,,semata mata nak carik hotel..sume full,,,naik ipoh semula..mmg x logik la kat bandar ipoh yg mcm mati tu pun full sume dari grand hotel sampai inn...time awal muharam ngan cuti skolah kan...igtkan kat lost world of tambun ada hotel