Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Know Your Rights, People

This happened on one morning in the last 2 weeks. Realizing that I was already late thanks to 2 accidents on the hiway, I decided to give the new McDonald outlet on my way to work a try for breakfast meal. It was the newly opened outlet in Seri Alam, in front of Tesco store.
Chronology of events:

8.05 am- In the car, looking at my watch. Shoot! It's already passed the 8.00 am barrier. RED.
8.10 am - Stopped by McD drive thru, placed order, confirmed order.
8.15 am - Still waitin' in the car for my order.
8.16. 8.17, 8.18, 8.19 am - I was alternately looking at my watch and counting the seconds of how slow the service was.
8.20 am - The cashier gave me the WRONG order, meant for the car behind me.
8.21 am - Got my correct order. Said thank you, smiled and rushed off to work.

9.00 am - Visited http://www.mcdonalds.com.my/ and dropped by a comment at their "Just Tell Us" section. I really poured my heart out at that kind of service which leaves much to be desired. Key comments:
  1. Slow
  2. Not efficient in taking order
  3. Wrong info given for the "Move It" breakfast meal
  4. Insufficient info for the pricing structure
  5. Not well trained staff (err, I saw 4 staff at the counter but know nuts what they were doing!)
And........5 days ago, I received a call from Mr. Mahathir, the Restaurant Manager. Well, he tried to get me to re-tell the story, which I refused since I've poured it all out in the Comment column. Not to add salt to the wound, he offered his apology and welcome me to his restaurant. He's asking me to visit his restaurant soon and to bring my family as well. Nak jer aku tanya "Dapat makan free tak?". I've yet to contact him and visit his premise. I really should strategize before going.

Reminder : Customer is always right. Never let your rights be squashed by the sellers/service providers.

No comments: