Friday, February 13, 2009

That Tall Guy

When I was in school, I never had any real boyfriend. Form 1 to 3 was in all girls boarding school. What we had was adik angkat and kakak angkat stuff. If you look a little bit boyish or have that tomboy look, you gonna have tonnes of requests to be your adik angkat/kakak angkat. Most pethetic of all, kakak angkat and adik angkat would have "dates" - normally talking la, no stupid stuff... - the nite before the school semester ended. Memang kelakar.

When I went to Form 4, hey ya, welcome to the wonderful world of mixed school. The ratio was 1 girl to 3 boys. Heaven! But being a religious school, girls and boys are not allowed to freely mingle with each other. I did have a crush on a few boys, but I reserved the feelings. Then I realize one thing. They were all tall. I bet no boys had ever likened me since I was dead fanatic about soccer especially in supporting my beloved state team - Johor (ini zaman Abbas Saad and Alistair Edwards la..). Most boys came from Selangor and we did a few times had some "fights" about who would win the next match. I was also not that pretty (as if...haha). I think I belong to that "girl next door" type. Hahaha...now dah lain lah...hahaha..ini kes masuk bakul sendiri angkat. Anyway, back to the topic on guys. No real boyfriend either at this high school. I'm glad to hook up again with some of these guys thru Facebook.

When I attended PPP/ITM, there were more boys and chances for coupling was damn huge and uncontrollable. But which type caught my eyes the most - the tall ones. Once, in a kelas agama, the ustazah asked a question to the girls:

Ustazah: Lelaki macam mana yang awak impikan?
Girl 1 : Yang bertanggungjawab, penyayang, gentleman.
Girl 2 : Yang beragama, bla bla bla all that stuff that was like DUHHHH.
I did not give a respond until the ustazah directed her look at me and demanded my answer.
Me (while looking innocent and giving my pure perempuan Melayu terakhir type of look): Yang tinggi.
The whole class broke into a big laughter, especially the guys. I seriously didn't know what's so funny about my answer. Salah ke suka kat lelaki yg tinggi? Until this day I'm still wondering. Maybe they never expected that such criterium would be put as a priority in finding a man.

To cut the story short, I met Mr. X and he is dead TALL. This will need another entry.

2 comments:

Yummy Yum said...

haha..kelako bila ingat zaman sekolah dulu, aku pun suka lelaki tinggi, n my hubby pun 1 feet taller than me..hehe

umie zazzy said...

so, kira dapat ciri2 lelaki idamanlaa ni... heheh..