Friday, January 16, 2009

Husna's 5th Birthday Party

We celebrated Husna's birthday by having mini celebration with family and friends on 3rd Jan. 2009. This was also to satisfy a few friends who had wished to taste my dish fresh from the new wet kitchen. Simple dish - fried meehoon (pedas and putih) and nuggets. Only my mom helped to prepare more from her own kitchen - nasi impit, kuah kacang, fried mee, bubur kacang and pudding. Alhamdullillah.

I ordered the fantastic cake from Pn Fadzilah. http://miralisya.blogspot.com/2009/01/birthday-husna.html
Unfortunately, during transportation to home, the lady had glitched and had her head detached. Imagine my surprise when opening the box for the first time. Oh my poor Lady! I had to be creative enough to re-attach the head.

Nevertheless, we had fun. This was also an occasion for a few of my high school friends to have a mini re-union. They were Aai, Yatt, Yus, Ayu, Ani. We were all educated in KTAM for form 1-3. Then only I knew that Ani actually lived a few blocks away from my home. Talk about losing contact with friends.


This is how the complete pretty lady should have looked. I got the idea after viewing a few samples from flickr as recommended by the expert Pn Fadzilah.


After eating. You can see the "tanah runtuh" incident. Husna's no. 5 figure was covered with mud, and the apparent decapitation of the lady. Poor lady. The kids all wanted to have a piece of the polka dots on the lady, and her eyes too.


Wah, a lot of presents. Husna and Huda really enjoyed the experience of ripping away all the wraps.

Jubilant as shown on her face. She was so excited since there were toys she had never received before which she knew she couldn't get from her parents e.g. Barbie doll. Why? That nite Barbie's limbs were detached and she was tossed in the play bin together with blocks and stuff. See...that's why we never buy dolls for our girls. Dolls are really not their choice of play. Some gifts I had to hide them away, because I know too many toys at one go will kill the interest. Let one toy be revealed each week to create excitement as if they are new (this also requires strategy people).

Thank you for guests who helped us to merry the occasion.

No comments: