Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dream Number? Not!

I went to JPJ just now to buy the plate number for the Nissan (perhaps I should give my new friend a name, to tighten our relationship, maybe later). It's a whole new world for me OK. Normally we'd just leave this hassle to the runner appointed by the car dealer. But this time, I want to experience the process myself. My new friend treatment should be super special.

Since it is end of March, the plate number for JLM is still running. Hence, I could only take the 4 digit series. 687 has to be laid to rest, forever. If we still want it, we have to wait for next month for JLN series, which will forgo our opportunity to claim the fuel subsidy RM650 courtesy of Pak Lah's generosity. In economics terms - opportunity lost. Which one you want to gain?

The process for buying the car number is super duper fast. Less than 5 minutes infact. While filling up the form, my eyes were running while for the notice board. See how people dare to spend thousands just to keep their dream number. They divided the categories as below:



  1. Golden Series - 1,2,3,4 up to 10. This has to cost a bomb I reckon.
    Popular Series - 2, 3 or 4 digits such as 767, 1212, etc. The unique ones.
    Menarik Series - 11, 12, 13, 111, 666, 7777, etc.
It must have been tiered pricing.

The cost depends on the bids. I'm lucky that for today, the number that I wish to have is available, then I had to only pay the normal rate since 2 weeks have passed for the JLM series.

Finally, JLM 7707 - welcome to the family!

3 comments:

akmalhizam said...

Hey, 7 is my number. That's a nice one for your Nissan.

I once thought that the bid for number 8 would fetch the highest. Some time ago, I found out that the bid for number 2 is much higher. At that time (a few years ago), the bid was about 70k.
My, my... people with money really spend for the unnecessary.

Wishing you enjoyable rides on the road.
Have fun with the new car!

I'd call the car Cantona. Or Beckham. Or Ronaldo. Or Best. Or simply Magnificent Seven. Err... does this number Se7en related to Mr. Pitt, actually?

Noraidalin Buang said...

Well, actually I totally forgot that Mr Pitt has a movie called Seven. As an obedient daughter-in-law, I have to take up number that sums up to be 21. That's the requirement. I've put up 7 proposed numbers before the guy at the counter could finally confirm that yeah, it's available, lucky me.
Anyways, yup 7 is a good number.

Rock Oi! said...

ehem2..bila nak bawak latio sport dtg umah ni,lastly dapat tahu dari hezri ehehehe..wow bestnyee..tahniah2!! kaler ape kak?