Monday, March 2, 2009

Empty Nest Days

I got to know that one of my seasoned ex-boss had ventured into the business of bakery cum cafe at the newly opened Jusco Setiawangsa. After retirement, he spent quite a lot of his resources on this business venture. When I went up to KL in January, I managed to drop by his cafe.



The written "Salam" on the green board indirectly distinguishes that this cafe belongs to a Muslim.

Yummy cakes on display, purposely put near the cash register to attract your eyes.


I like the organization and outlook of the breads and biscuits. He said should be as nice as Breadtalk but not as expensive.

Some of the creative design of the breads, really make them different from current ones found in other bakery.
I've known Encik Abdul Aziz Abdul Halim aka Tikus way back in year 2000. He had hold high posts in many different units. Eventually, he chose to venture into this business with his partner upon his retirement, among a few other businesses. Maybe this has been part of his life plan on what to do after retirement. Guess how much is the capital for this bakery? RM700,000!!! Monthly rental is RM6,000. Hence his business really needs to take up fast. But it's far from easy.
Hmm, what is my plan after retirement? Pejam celik pejam celik, tup2 dah 50 tahun. It's that time to review my financial goal - that's what the Financial Advisor would say.

No comments: